About the Author | Media Kit
Mom, Writer, Speaker, Author, Advocate for Social Media Etiquette, As Seen on FOX29 Good Day Philadelphia, CBS3 Philly, KFI640AM & more.
Jennifer “J.J.” Cannon is a California native transplanted to the east coast twenty-one years ago. She has worked as a freelance writer, specializing in Social Media Management and founded JenCann Productions in 2009.
After publishing her first book, “@Sophie Takes a #Selfie,” a one of a kind social media guide, she appeared regularly on FOX29 Good Day Philadelphia and CBS3 Philly. She has also been interviewed by media in print and on radio from Sydney, Australia to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Most recently, Jennifer has written a debut novel, Betting on You, inspired by the life of her colorful grandfather and her experiences growing up with him.
Jennifer lives in New Jersey with her husband, two kids and a Chiweenie rescue pup.
Fun Facts About J. J. Cannon
- J. J. was born and raised in Southern California. Her father nicknamed her “Curly” as a child for obvious reasons.
- J. J. is a 6th cousin 5x removed of Abraham Lincoln on her Mother’s side. Her great-grandmother’s maiden name was Martha Lincoln. Yes, there are tall people in her family. She would love to get to the bottom of this with the help of the folks at TLC’s “Who Do You Think You Are”. She is also a very proud one-quarter Armenian, and Danish.
- J. J.’s grandfather, Robert ‘Bob’ Jensen and great-grandfather, John C. Jensen were pioneers in radio. Bob Jensen also worked as an audio engineer for NBC for 38 years before retiring in 1975. He helped open NBC’s first television studio on October 5, 1938 at Sunset Vine.
- J. J. has held a variety of interesting jobs including, but not limited to, working for a private investigator, flipping burgers, slinging drinks at a ski lodge, a brief stint as a manicurist, and acting as right hand to a billionaire software developer.
- J. J. has three children, a son, 37 and two daughters, 19 and 17. Don’t do the math. This equates to two completely different lifetimes of motherhood and the respective experiences provided by each.
- At a certain point in J.J.’s younger life she was told she wasn’t smart enough to attend college. She seems to have done alright despite her lack of higher education.
- J. J. loves to cook and enjoys making tacos, fresh salsa, and guacamole to rival your favorite Mexican restaurant for family and friends.
@Sophie Takes a #Selfie
February 12, 2014
“J. J. Cannon has written a cute and clever book that’s chock full of social media etiquette tips. @Sophie Takes a #Selfie brings timeless parenting advice into crisp focus for the digital generation!”
BARBARA CORCORAN — ABC’s SharkTank
“I need to download @Sophie Takes a #Selfie for my little grandchildren right now! Wow! I always felt I was ‘too special’ to be part of the pack. Keep special darlings! Happy Days from ‘Mrs. C.'”
MARION ROSS — ABC’s Happy Days
Oxford Dictionaries named “Selfie” Word of the Year 2013. J. J. Cannon, Freelance Writer and Social Media Pro, is fascinated and inspired, not only by the dichotomy of the not quite emotionally mature 8-10 year old socially active set, but girls of all ages who are interested in definitive guidelines for what constitutes appropriate online behavior. Written as thoughtfully as she would write to her own children, J. J.’s “Sophie” is being called the “Social Media Bible of today” for girls…who can feel free to share with the boys too!
For media and print inquiries:
JenCann Productions: Jennifer “J. J.” Cannon – email@example.com
Buzz Builds For “@Sophie Takes a #Selfie” – New Book of Rules and Etiquette for Tweens and Teens
2 thoughts on “About the Author | Media Kit”
Thank you for your article on Menopause. Another topic you may want to delve into is Pelvic Organ Prolapse, a topic that affects 50% of women but is not openly discussed.
J. J. Cannon
Thank you Julie!