J. J. Cannon is a California native transplanted to New Jersey where she works as a freelance writer, specializing in Social Media Management. She founded JenCann Productions in 2009, and has worked with an AC Billboard Chart topping artist, a New York Times bestselling author and some very successful mompreneurs. You can also find her blogging at http://www.sophietakesaselfie.com and http://www.welladjustedorsotheysay.com. She is married with three children and enjoys traveling and cooking for family and friends in her spare time.
Fun Facts About J. J. Cannon
- J. J. was born and raised in Southern California. Her father nicknamed her “Curly” as a child for obvious reasons.
- J. J. is a descendant of Abraham Lincoln on her Mother’s side. In truth, it looks like Abe is a distant cousin or Uncle. Her great-grandmother’s maiden name is Lincoln. Yes, there are tall people in her family. She would love to get to the bottom of this with the help of the folks at TLC’s “Who Do You Think You Are”. She is also a very proud one-quarter Armenian, and Danish.
- J. J.’s grandfather, Robert ‘Bob’ Jensen and great-grandfather, John C. Jensen were pioneers in radio. Bob Jensen also worked as an audio engineer for NBC for 38 years before retiring in 1975. He helped open the NBC’s first television studio on October 5, 1938 at Sunset Vine.
- J. J. has held a variety of interesting jobs including, but not limited to, working for a private investigator, flipping burgers, slinging drinks at a ski lodge, a brief stint as a manicurist, and acting as right hand to a billionaire software developer.
- J. J. has three children, a son, 30 and two daughters, 12 and 10. Don’t do the math. This equates to two completely different lifetimes of motherhood and the respective experiences provided by each.
- At a certain point in J. J.’s younger life she was told she wasn’t “smart enough” to attend college. She seems to have done alright despite her lack of higher education.
- In her day job as an independent contractor for All Stages Marketing, J. J. is proud of the authentic and organic following she has garnered on Twitter through her ability to selflessly promote and connect with others. As a result she has connected and built valuable relationships with major influencers there.
- J. J. can throw down in the kitchen and can make taquitos, fresh salsa, and guacamole to rival your favorite Mexican restaurant. She loves to cook (but is hindered a bit these days by a couple of short, picky eaters) and could watch the Food Network 24 hrs. a day.
@Sophie Takes a #Selfie
February 12, 2014
“J. J. Cannon has written a cute and clever book that’s chock full of social media etiquette tips. @Sophie Takes a #Selfie brings timeless parenting advice into crisp focus for the digital generation!”
BARBARA CORCORAN — ABC’s SharkTank
“I need to download @Sophie Takes a #Selfie for my little grandchildren right now! Wow! I always felt I was ‘too special’ to be part of the pack. Keep special darlings! Happy Days from ‘Mrs. C.'”
MARION ROSS — ABC’s Happy Days
Oxford Dictionaries named “Selfie” Word of the Year 2013. J. J. Cannon, Freelance Writer and Social Media Pro, is fascinated and inspired, not only by the dichotomy of the not quite emotionally mature 8-10 year old socially active set, but girls of all ages who are interested in definitive guidelines for what constitutes appropriate online behavior. Written as thoughtfully as she would write to her own children, J. J.’s “Sophie” is being called the “Social Media Bible of today” for girls…who can feel free to share with the boys too!
For media and print inquiries:
JenCann Productions: Jennifer “J. J.” Cannon – email@example.com
Facebook: J. J. Cannon, Author Page