Parents: File Flinch under Definitely Delete!
There’s a new game in Cybertown and it’s not for the youngsters… but many of them are already playing. Before you throw your hands up and wonder for the thousandth time how any human being is supposed to be able to keep up with all of this, allow me to assuage your fears. Flinch is rated 17+ and, in a perfect world, kids under the age of seventeen should not be downloading… anyhoo…
You agree to use the Licensed Application solely for your own lawful personal needs. You are responsible for all content, including photographs, images, video and audio content that you transmit, disclose, disseminate or otherwise distribute, or content that you elicit and/or collect and/or store using the Licensed Application (collectively, “User Content”) and you shall not take any unlawful or improper actions with respect to such User Content in violation of Spitfire’s or any third parties’ rights or applicable laws.
You may be exposed to content that is offensive, inappropriate for minors, indecent or otherwise objectionable. Spitfire cannot and does not monitor or control the material or other communication transmitted or distributed by any of its users, or the actions, omissions or activities of its users, recipients of content or other communication, or other third parties, and cannot prevent such exposure or other harm to you or others. Spitfire shall not be liable for any such communications, actions, omissions, or activities or any damage or harm directly or indirectly resulting therefrom. THE CONTENT TRANSMITTED OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE LICENSED APPLICATION MAY NOT BE APPROPRIATE OR SATISFACTORY FOR YOUR USE, AND YOU SHOULD VERIFY ALL CONTENT BEFORE RELYING ON IT.
You also agree not to use the Licensed Application to do any of the following (collectively, “Prohibited Behavior”):
- intercept, tap into, record, monitor, damage, alter, manipulate or modify any communication not intended for you;
- capture, alter, adapt or modify any content, including, images, audio, text or other materials transmitted by other users without their explicit and informed consent;
- collect, store, disclose, disseminate or distribute personal data with respect to third parties except as contemplated by this Agreement and then only for the express purpose of providing lawful communication that may reasonably be anticipated by such third parties;
- upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property right, privacy right or publicity right of any person or entity unless you have express permission from the respective owners of such materials to do so;
- harm minors in any way, including through any form of child pornography. The content may be reported to the appropriate legal authority and/or your internet services provider may be contacted;
- upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit, disseminate or distribute any content that is illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, disparaging, vulgar, obscene, libelous, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful or racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive;
- engage in any activity that violates any local, state or federal law or regulation or the law or regulation of any foreign government;
- provide anonymity to activities which are unlawful, fraudulent, or violate the intellectual property rights of a third party;
- knowingly or recklessly permit others to use the Licensed Application: (i) for any unlawful, invasive, infringing, defamatory, or fraudulent purpose; (ii) to alter, steal, corrupt, disable, destroy, trespass or violate any security or encryption of any computer or mobile devise file, database or network; (iii) so as to materially interfere with the use of the Licensed Application by other customers or authorized users; or (iv) in a manner which, in Spitfire’s opinion, is inconsistent with the generally accepted rules of internet etiquette and conduct;
- transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials, including without limitation, initiation or perpetuation of any “Spam,” “Junk Mail,” chain letters, or any other potentially objectionable or unlawful form of unsolicited communication;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit without authorization any material that contains personal, private, or financial information or other personally identifiable information concerning any third-party person or entity, including without limitation, phone number(s) or addresses, credit/debit cards, name, gender, calling cards, account numbers, social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, dates of birth, passwords or other similar information;
- obtain or attempt to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment;
- engage in any activities that do or are designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user of the Licensed Application;
- transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other code, files or programs designed or known to disable, interrupt, or limit the functionality of any computer hardware, computer software, or telecommunications equipment or facilities;
- interfere with the use or enjoyment of the Licensed Application by other customers or authorized users. This shall include excessive use of services which impair the fair use of other customers;
- hold Spitfire, its suppliers, officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates or shareholders up to public scorn, ridicule, or defamation; or
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity.
You “may” be exposed to content that is offensive? This should seriously say you most certainly will be!
As I said in the segment, we need to be aware, not afraid. If you are unfamiliar with how to set parental controls on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, this video from Net Nanny can walk you through the process. Note: I do not use Net Nanny, and am not affiliated with them in any way.
Have a question? I’m happy to help if I can! Simply Ask J. J.
Thanks for stopping by,
ox J. J.